DAWEG's membership is open to both male and females members of APEGBC, students and the general public.
We have over 350 members with active volunteers offering a range of events, resources and initiatives.
We encourage anyone interested to join!
Reasons to Join
- Have a direct impact on promoting, enhancing and facilitating opportunities for women to succeed in engineering and geoscience;
- Learn about issues relevant to women in engineering and geoscience;
- Get involved, gain experience, meet, socialize and network with a group of fun and progressive thinkers;
- Receive periodic newletters throughout the year with announcements of events, on-going programs and volunteer opportunities offered by
DAWEG and like-minded organizations throughout the province of BC;
- Earn APEGBC PD hours! DAWEG Division meetings, committees and professional development workshops and courses are granted PD hours by the APEGBC. Generally, one hour of activity is one professional development hour.
Continuing Professional Development Guidelines for details.
- Membership covers basic operational costs (supplies, website account, meeting space, refreshments)
as well as subsidizing the cost of some DAWEG events and outreach and retention initiatives. Join to lend support.
Not ready to join? That's fine by us. Come to one of our Roundtable Discussions or any Upcoming Event to meet us, learn and have fun!
How to Join
Membership fees are:
- $10/yr for Professional Members (P.Eng. Or P.Geo.) or Members in Training (EIT or GIT) or otherwise employed
- $0/yr for Others (Student, Parental Leave, Between Jobs, etc.)
The fastest way for APEGBC members to sign up for a division is online:
sign-up for divisions online.
Online signup for divisions is currently available for APEGBC members only (members in training or professional members).
Non-members are not yet able to register online, and therefore should fill out the
and email it to email@example.com. Then, send a payment cheque to:
DAWEG c/o The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
200 - 4010 Regent Street
Burnaby, BC V5C 6N2